Transcripts are the official document of the student's academic work at a college or university.Graduate

The San Diego Community College District only accepts credits from US Colleges and Universities that have Regional Accreditation.  For more information on accreditation and to search for a college's or universities' accreditation, visit the US Department of Education.  


Transcripts from other Institutions Attended

  • Students should submit official transcripts from all Colleges and Universities attended.  
  • In order to have a counseling appointment to develop and educational plan, all transcripts must be on file and evaluated.
  • Students receiving financial aid or veterans benefits must also have transcripts on file to receive benefits.
  • Transcripts are required even if prior credits do not appear relevant or if units were taken years ago.
  • Official transcripts from other institutions become the property of the college and will not be duplicated or returned.
  • Guam and Puerto Rico are US territories and transcripts from institutions these territories are not considered "foreign" and should be submitted. For information on foreign transcripts, please see below.

Submitting Transcripts

  • Students are responsible for requesting official transcripts from each institution attended.
  • At this time the San Diego Community College District does not accept electronic transcripts.
  • Official transcripts must be received in the original sealed envelope from the college or university.
  • Opened, faxed or emailed transcripts will not be considered official.
  • Transcripts are only accepted from one year after issuance.

Transcripts should be submitted to the SDCCD District office:

San Diego Community College District
Attn: Student Services
3375 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92108-3883


Hand delivered, unopened to the campus Records, room K1-207

Confirmation of Reciept of Transcripts

  • To confirm that your transcripts have been received by our District's Student Transcript Office, please call 619-388-6924.

Processing Transcripts

  • Once transcripts are received by SDCCD, they are ONLY reviewed for the number of transferable units and for Math and English prerequisite clearance.
  • Credits from other regionally accredited institutions will only be accepted for transfer credit after evaluation by the District Evaluations office.
  • Transcripts are not automatically evaluated for a student's educational goal. Please see the college counseling office or EOPS to submit a Request for Transcript Evaluation form.
  • Transcript evaluations can take around 45 business days to complete and the process occurs off-campus at the District Office. An email will be sent to the student upon completion of the evaluation.

Waiving Transcripts

In certain instances transcripts may be waived for the purposes of obtaining a Certificate of Achievement. Transcripts can only be waived when:

  • All coursework for the Certificate of Achievement has been taken within the San Diego Community College District and/or with other institutions for which transcripts are already on file.
  • Student has completed all coursework, or is pending completion of the coursework in the current semester.

To waive transcripts, students must complete a General Student Petition in the Admissions and Records Office.

Foreign Transcripts

  • Transcripts from foreign institutions may be used to meet degree/certificate requirements. It is the choice of the student to request to have this coursework evaluated. It is recommended to speak with a counselor to discuss options.
  • If a student would like to submit their foreign transcripts, they must first have them evaluated by a Transcript Evaluation Service. For a list of approved services please visit:
  • Student must request a comprehensive evaluation including both lower and upper division coursework of the foreign transcript. Other types of evaluations will not be accepted. Even if the transcript is in English, if it is foreign, it must go through this process.
  • After the comprehensive evaluation is complete, students must submit it to the campus records office along with a Request for Foreign Transcript Credits so that the coursework can be evaluated for a student's educational goal.
  • Submission of transcripts is permanent and cannot be revoked.

For information regarding foreign HIGH SCHOOL transcripts for the purpose of meeting the UC IGETC Certification foreign language requirement, please see the General Education section.

Requesting Transcripts from SDCCD

transcript ordering transitional

Pardon our Dust: As we transition into a new Transcript vendor, any Summer 2019 Transcript Requests must be submitted to Please click here for more information.


Transcripts are not printed at the campus level. You cannot pick up official transcripts from Miramar College. If you would like to pick up your Official Transcripts in person you will need to visit the District Office:

San Diego Community College District
3375 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92108-3883

  • Please note: There is a "Rush" fee for picking up in person, Valid photo I.D. required. Call (619) 388-6925 for further details.
  • Transcripts requested from SDCCD will report all courses taken within the San Diego Community College District (including Mesa, City, and Miramar).

What does it mean where there is a red asterisk/star (*) next to a grade?

  • This means that the grade and the units for this class have been disregarded and are no longer included in your cumulative GPA or total unit count.

Top of Page

Back to Evaluations Main Page 

San Diego Miramar College Evaluations Office | Room K107 | 619.388.7371 |

Miramar Sunset