ASG members are elected in the Spring and serve from August to June. Participating in ASG provides students with practical leadership experience in the areas of budget/financial planning, parliamentary procedures, and in the development of programs and services which are designed to meet student needs. The student leaders and the staff of the Student Affairs Office encourage you to get involved and take part in the many leadership opportunities available Miramar College.
The Associated Student Government (ASG) is the representative body of the students in the shared governance process at Miramar College.
As stipulated in Title 5, Section 51023.7, students participate in college policies and procedures that have a direct impact on them to include the following:
- Grading policies;
- Codes of student conduct;
- Academic disciplinary policies;
- Curriculum development;
- Courses or programs that should be initiated or discontinued;
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development;
- Standards and policies regarding student preparation and success;
- Student services planning and development;
- Student fees within the authority of the District to adopt; and
- Any other District and college policy, procedure, or related matter that the District governing board determines will have significant effect on students.