Acting President - Adrian Gonzales, Vice President of Student Services
San Diego Miramar College's mission is to prepare students to succeed by providing quality instruction and services in an environment that supports and promotes success, diversity, inclusion, and equity with innovative programs and partnerships to facilitate student completion for degrees/certificates, transfer, workforce training, and/or career advancement.
San Diego Miramar College will be the center of education innovation, and services to support our diverse students and community.
San Diego Miramar College, in keeping with this vision, supports and emphasizes the following guiding values:
- Access to learning and support services, for all students to successfully achieve their educational and career goals
- A culture that embraces and promotes equity, inclusion, civility, responsibility, sustainability, from a global perspective
- Diversity, equity, inclusion and success of our students, classified professionals, faculty, administrators, and programs that reflect our community
- Creativity, innovation, flexibility, and excellence in teaching, learning, and services
- The ability to recognize and respond to opportunities and challenges emerging from a complex and dynamic world
- Strategic resource and partnership development to support curriculum and program innovation
- Collaboration and partnerships
- Effective participation in governance with respect and professionalism, through intentional, purposeful and effective communication embraced by the college community
- Transformative processes that include a culture of evidence, collaborative inquiry, and action for promoting student success