Admissions & Records Office

Introducing mySDCCD



 Getting Started with mySDCCD

Click the links below for some step by step YouTube tutorials

How to Create your mySDCCD Account

What to do when you forget your password

How to search the class schedule

How to register for classes

How to waitlist in a class

How to drop a class


Are you a former SDCCD Student looking for your Unofficial Transcripts? Click the link below to make a request.

Unofficial Transcript Request for Discontinued Students


General InformationAdmissions and Records Front Counter


Campus MapAcademic Calendar

Admission Requirements

You may apply for admission if any of the following apply to you...

  • Have graduated from high school (If not, see following)
  • Have passed the California High School Proficiency Exam
  • Did not graduate from high school, but have attained a Certificate of Completion
  • Have passed the GED exam with an average score of 450 or higher.
  • Did not graduate from high school, but are 18 years of age or older, or an emancipated minor (may be admitted under a provisional admission status)
  • Are an international student who has satisfied the international student admissions requirements (See International Students page for admissions requirements)
  • Are a high school student who has satisfied the concurrent enrollment admissions requirements (See "Special Part-Time High School Students" below)
Apply Now


Registering for Classes

Check out our helpful guide on Registering/Waitlisting for classes in mySDCCD 

With the exception of Special-Admit High School students, all students receive an appointment to register online using the San Diego Community College District’s online registration system. Special-Admit High School students must enroll in person at the time of their registration appointment.

By using the combined schedule of classes and the online registration system, a student can enroll in any available course offered at ECC, City, Mesa, or Miramar Colleges. Instructions for the class schedule and online registration are available on campus and on the web at:


Residency is determined when a student applies for admission to the College. Please see the Residency page for detailed information regarding how Residency is determined and established . Details are found in the CA Education Code Section 68000, Title 5, sections 54000-54072.


A student will be able to view any account hold/service indicator on their College Student Dashboard in mySDCCD. Holds/Service Indicators may impact student services such as registration, transcripts and other vital student services. Students should address these in a timely manner to avoid service interruption. Questions about holds/service indicators? Call Admissions and Records (619) 388-7844.


Students add classes online through mySDCCD until the posted deadline. Find deadlines posted on the class schedule.

To add a class once the semester has begun, students must obtain a permission number from the instructor. Once a permission number is received, the student must add the class through mySDCCD. For online classes, students may email their instructors using the Faculty Directory search. Check out this guide on adding a class with a permission number.

If you are attempting to register online and receive the error code: Prerequisite Not Satisfied please refer to Counseling.


Students may drop courses via mySDCCD until the posted deadline. Find the important deadlines for dropping without a "W" and with a refund as well as deadline to drop with a "W" by clicking the calendar icon next to the course information mysdccd calendar icon. Students are responsible for dropping a course that they no longer wish to attend by the posted deadline or a letter grade will be assigned. Non-attendance WILL NOT guarantee that a student will be dropped from a course.


mySDCCD features a new option for students to swap classes to both drop and enroll without unintentionally dropping a corequisite. Students will click on the swap tab on their registration page and enter the class information.


The maximum study load for a primary semester (fall/spring) is 20 academic units including Exercise Science (formerly Physical Education) activity units.

Students are reminded that each unit of credit is calculated to involve a total of at least three hours of classroom and outside time per week. Thus, a 20-unit study load represents a minimum 60-hour work load each week. Students working full-time are advised NOT to attempt a full-time college program

Twelve units of credit is considered a minimum full-time program during a semester; nine units is three-quarters time, and six units, half-time.

The maximum study load for summer session is 12 academic units including Exercise Science (formerly Physical Education) activity units. Six units of credit is considered a minimum full-time during the summer session; four units is three-quarters time, and three units, half time.


Registration may be administratively canceled for the following reasons:

  1. Failure to pay all mandatory fees in accordance with the fee payment schedule;
  2. Using an permission number issued to another student;
  3. Failure to meet the terms and conditions of a fee deferment;
  4. Failure to meet academic or progress standards;
  5. Denial of a "Petition to Challenge A Prerequisite."


San Diego Miramar College offers courses through the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar. For more information about attending these classes please refer to the Active Duty Military Students page.



Please refer to Page 23 of the Course Catalog for information about the priority registration system.



Obtaining a Student ID Card

Once you have registered and paid all appropriate dues for the active semester you may obtain a student ID card from the Office of Admissions and Records (K1-207) free of charge. Student ID Cards are required to access campus resources as well as to receive a parking permit. Cards will not be issued to students with holds (See "Holds" above for further information) or that are not registered in the active semester.

  • Must be enrolled in at least one course
  • All enrolled courses must be paid for
  • Provide another form of photo ID
    • Driver's License, State Identification Card, US Passport/Card, High School ID, Military ID (Driver's Permits DO NOT qualify as photo identification - Call Admissions if you have questions about accepted forms of ID)

For information regarding parking please refer to SDCCD Parking Permits.

Please note that enrollment in Continuing Education courses will not qualify a student for a San Diego Community College ID Card. Please refer to Student Attendance Card for information on obtaining your Continuing Education Attendance Card.

Changing Student Personal Information

Once your application is submitted any changes require official documentation. Any and all changes requiring documentation MUST be done in person by the student of record. Changes such as address, phone number and email may be updated at anytime through mySDCCD.


These changes must be done in person with original documentation. Copies provided by the student will not be accepted.

  • Name Changes
    • Federally Issued form of Photo ID (Driver's License, Identification Card, Military ID, US Passport, etc)
    • Legal Documentation of change (Marriage, Divorce, Naturalization, petition for name change, etc)
  • Social Security Number Change or Application
    • Federally Issued form of Photo ID (Driver's License, Identification Card, Military ID, US Passport, etc)
    • Social Security Card
    • Note: If a student has more than one record, they will be required to merge the accounts. This merge requires the same documentation as SSN changes.
  • Date of Birth Change
    • Federally Issued form of Photo ID (Driver's License, Identification Card, Military ID, US Passport, etc)
    • Birth Certificate

Bring these documents to the Office of Admissions and Records. SSN changes and account merges can take anywhere between 6 and 8 weeks and are not performed on campus. If you have questions about proper documentation please call Admissions: 619-388-7844.

Special Part-Time High School Students

High school students requesting concurrent enrollment may be admitted as "Special Part-Time" High School Students subject to the following criteria:

  • Students must have completed the 10th grade.
  • Enrollment may be limited due to budget reductions and extraordinary demand.
  • Students may enroll in fewer than 12 units and have their enrollment fees waived (If a high school student enrolls in 12 or more units, all applicable fees an tuition are due).
  • High school students must satisfy course prerequisites and eligibility requirements. Proof required – contact the college Admissions Office for information. 
  • Enrollment in Physical Education classes will not be permitted.
  • The course must be advanced scholastic or technical (college degree applicable).
  • Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average each semester in all college work.
  • If the number of units of W, I, and NP exceed 40%, in any semester or session, the student will be academically disqualified. Students whose grade point average falls below a 2.0, or who do not complete 60% of all units attempted, will not be permitted to re-enroll without approval from a college counselor
  • Students will be given college credit for all courses. Grades will be part of the student's permanent college record.

Note: Persons who are under 18 years of age who do not have a high school diploma and are not enrolled in a high school may be admitted as a special full-time student pursuant to Education Code §48800.5 subject to approval of the high school governing board and the college President where the student is planning to attend. Special full-time students will be admitted under provisional admission status.

Persons who do not meet one of the admission criteria stated above will not be admitted under any circumstances.

Steps to enrolling as a Special Part-Time High School Student:

  1. Apply to the college online.
  2. Once you receive the email containing your 10-digit Student ID NumberRegister for mySDCCD via invitation email. 
  3. Print and complete the Special Part-Time High School Student Form.
  4. Bring the completed and signed form to the Office of Admissions of the campus that will be hosting the course on or after the registration date for high school students.
    1. Read and complete each section thoroughly. See the class schedule to choose your course and find your Class Number (5-digits).
    2. Please note that the form must be signed by a Principal or Assistant Principal, counselors or other advisors do not qualify to sign. (Call Admissions and Records for more information regarding qualified signatures)
    3. Student must be present with photo ID.
  5. Once enrolled, log on to mySDCCD to pay the required fees. (As of Spring 2019 High School Student tuition is being waived, however, the health fees are still required)
    1. If the student will be attending an on-campus course a parking permit will be required and may also be ordered and paid for on mySDCCD.
  6. Once the students fees are paid, the student pay obtain a Student ID Card in the Office of Admissions and Records (See "Obtaining Student ID Card" Section below for more details).
Term Registration for High School students opens:
Spring 2020 TBD
Summer 2020 TBD
Fall 2020 TBD
Apply Now

Top of Page

Other Important Links

Dreamers WElcome Link



Are You A California Resident or Nonresident?

This information will help you determine if you are a California resident for purposes of attending a California community college.

Residents of California are entitled to attend a community college by paying the community college enrollment fee. California residents pay $46 per unit.